Saturday, November 27, 2010

South America Anyone?

Finally we are going to South America, I know I know it is still a while from now - but Feb 2012 will come soon.

We originally booked the Star March 3 Santiago to Rio then continuing to Fort Lauderdale.  But two weeks after booking our agent left me a message that Princess has cancelled these two voyages.  Bummer, but after some investigating I figured the Star princess is probably the ship that is being re routed to Alaska for the summer of 2012.

I read on the Cruise Critic boards that yes in fact Princess is moving the Star from Europe to Alaska for 2012.  Okay I guess I need to rethink this.

We ended up changing our direction then, we now start in Rio De Janeiro, which will be just at the start of Carnival -- Bernie's dream come true.  We will sail around the horn to Valparaiso, where the next leg will begin as we sail 16 days to San Francisco.  In total it will be 30 days at sea but boy oh boy is this ever a dream cruise for us.

I've created the file for the trip and I am doing research now on all the ports.  So if you have experience or advice for the following ports please leave a comment.

Rio De Janeiro, MONTEVIDEO, BUENOS AIRIES, PORT STANLEY, USHUAIA, PUNTA ARENAS, VALPARAISO, COQUIMBO, LIMA, MANTA, PUNTARENAS, SAN JAUN DEL SUR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment