Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 10 - San Francisco with Friends and Good Wine



Today Barb and Craig who live in Napa and are staying at the same hotel as us for the two nights is going to show us around, and surprisingly they want to take us to Napa, yup drive all way back to their home to take us to some wineries. Now that is friendship. Joining us today is also Nanette and Jerry another couple we me on the Panama cruise who are good friends of Craig and Barb. 

We start out with a continental breakfast at the hotel that is complimentary and hits the spot. We are on the road just after 9 am and first stop is Starbucks, you now you don't want to mess with me if I haven't had my latte.


Weather is a little overcast and light rain and it feels like we are back in Vancouver, but we know how much they need the rain so we are not going to complain. 



Our first stop is at Prager winery; Port Works http://pragerport.com/ where we sample so many varieties I need to slow down or I am going to be wasted. We end up buying two bottles here to enjoy on the ship.






We drive further north and head to St. Helena and we are taken to a lovely restaurant called Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen http://cindysbackstreetkitchen.com/ the food oh my God it is to die for. I had the adult grill cheese and all I can say is damn it was so good. Everyone at the table loved their food and the service was outstanding. The place was really getting busy when we left and I can see they have a big following.




Next stop another winery this time it is Cuvasion Winery http://cuvaison.com what is really great is that both Barb and Craig work in the wine business and they have connections and we are treated very well here as well as all the places we go.




Final stop today is the Markham Vineyard http://markhamvineyards.com where we are given a guided tour and then given numerous wines to taste, all are so good. I feel like a kid in a candy store, this isn't fair I have to get on a plane tomorrow so I can't buy anything.










On our drive back into the city we laugh and chat and it has been such a great day. Back in the room for a short while until we gather to head out for dinner with a few friends.

Tonight we head to Kincaid's which is beautifully located right on a bay where you can see planes coming in and taking off. We ended up being 7 people and was nice to meet Dal and Pat and Gail as well. Food was fabulous, mine came a little cold but they were quick to get me a new one.



Off to bed at a decent time tonight, tomorrow we fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment