Saturday, October 17, 2015

Packing for a Month Away in the Mediterranean





Oh this is not easy...  I just pulled out my clothes.  

Tried everything on to make sure it fit and was in good shape.  Some items went back in the closet right away.  

Then I had to think logically.  Do I really need two t shirts in the same color, not really.  Do I really need more than two pairs of shorts?  Probably not.

We certainly will encounter warm weather on this trip but most days ashore I will probably be in light-weight pants.  So I am bringing three pairs of  Eddie Bauer Pants that can be rolled up and made into Capris.   

So in the end I ended up with:  

2 pairs of pants for evenings in dining room with 4 nice tops to rotate, two light sweaters that can also be worn in dining room but also good with casual pants.

Two pairs of shorts, the 3 pairs of pants, 4 short sleeve t shirts, 3 long sleeve t shirts, 2 short sleeve casual tops, 1 blouse, 1 bathing suit.  1 pair of high heels, flip flops, runners, casual shoes.  

Oh what else?  one wind breakers, one jacket that is waterproof and has a hood and is all purpose. One heavier sweater to wear outside on ship if it is cool and will be perfect for the flight.

Two pashminas to wear for quick warmth if needed and head covering when necessary.

I will be using my packing cubes to organize everything.  I really want to pack a large cube with just the things we will need for Rome.  One cube just for evening attire (so I don't even have to look at it till we get on board).  One cube for underwear/socks/bras.  

To see more about my packing system with Packing Cubes, check out my video:  






No comments:

Post a Comment