Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My Christmas Wish Book Has Arrived



Do you remember the Sears Christmas Wish Book?

I sure do.  In fact I loved catalogues.  All types of catalogues. I have pictures of myself as a little girl around the age of three sitting on my little chair flipping through catalogues.  My Mom loved that I would be occupied for hours with just a catalogue. 


Then as I got a little older I would sit with the catalogue and flip thru pretending I was a Mommy married with two, maybe three kids and I had to furnish my entire home by circling items.  

Today I no longer sit with catalogues dreaming of what I am going to buy.  Heck it is hard to even find a catalogue!  But!!!


When the Princess Cruise Atlas arrives each year I feel like a kid again.



I sit and flip through the entire thing, cover to cover highlighting itineraries with post it notes (so Bernie can see what I want to do).

For those who don't know about the Cruise Atlas, it is a perk for Platinum members and higher that is mailed out annually. 

It offers itineraries for the entire fleet with maps and dates.  The best feature I find is the Sailing Schedules at a Glance in the back cover.  This allows us to see exactly which ships/itineraries are offered for specific months.



Sure you can get this information all online but it is much easier to have in your hand to review and mark.

Okay enough writing.  I need to go and check out my new Cruise Atlas

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your love for catalogs. I too would spend hours looking through the Sears Christmas catalog.
    Can't wait 'till I hit platinum to get my atlas.

    ReplyDelete