Saturday, December 2, 2017

Ocean Medallion Dropped from Our Cruises



Just noticed today after someone on Cruise Critic mentioned it, that the Ocean Medallion Roll Out is postponed from the Royal Princess.

I went to Princess' site and see that yeah the Ocean Medallion Banner has been removed.  

This of course will not make or break my holiday I am saddened but just looking at the blue water of the Caribbean with make me happy.

I was really wanting to try out Ocean Medallion.

I really wanted to blog about the entire thing.


I also booked four legs in a row so I could see the transition of the progress.

And final payment for the last leg went thru last week so can't even shorten the holiday by cancelling the last leg. 

But I also got great news today.  Great friends Paula and Min from Northern California will be sailing with us on the first leg!  

People are asking me all the time about the Ocean Medallion and how things are going, and what my thoughts are.  Well I am sure they are similar to how Princess Corp. is feeling. I am betting that this is not how they would of liked it to roll out.  Of course there are always hiccups with any change but I can't imagine that they thought it would be this bad.

I am sure they are just wanting to make sure everything is working well before they roll it out to another ship.  Which is smart.

Update:  got official email yesterday saying Ocean Medallion has been dropped.  Today I contacted Princess and spoke with a great rep by the name of Irma.  After discussing the situation and giving her the four booking numbers she put me on hold and spoke with the customer services rep.  After a long time on hold she came back to say that a $100 per person good will on board credit has been applied to each booking.  Much appreciated!  Thank you Princess!

So tell me - have you booked an Ocean Medallion Cruise and has it been delayed? 


2 comments:

  1. I too was hoping you would be blogging about it as not only are you very detailed and helpful in all your blog posts, but I value your overall cruising opinions. Did Princess try too much too soon with this? Their new OM plan seems greatly diminished ... I don't have any OM cruises planned but seems like the options to do so are now very limited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too received notification this week about the medallion being cancelled on our February 2019 South American cruise. It must be a big failure if they don't perceive it to be up and running by then?

    ReplyDelete